Friday, May 01, 2009
52 F or 11 C at the moment which is 11:28 PM or 23:28 depending what system you use. My iMac screen says 23:28 because that's what I'm used to.

I call this blog my daily blog except is hasn't been too daily lately. If you follow my M.E blog you will know I have been down in the dumps again after a dr. visit. Where did the time go that dr.'s would make you better, cure you instead of making you even more ill after a visit ;-) Ah.. the good ol' days, when you also still believed in Santa Claus.;-)

Besides all this I have been up to not much so not much to share either. Days pass without anything noticeable happening. I'm still looking for that contractor to build my porch and haven't found the energy to go after it but maybe this weekend will be a good time. Today was busy with ordering stuff online, if you're chronically ill and have a non-functioning immune system you need to be very careful with any new virus that comes along and that might swipe you out. This H1N1 influenza is a nasty one for people with already bad immune systems and my physician has given me the advice to stay away from public places, which means house arrest for the time being but one can't be too careful. Tonight the Oregon University announced it will close it's Western campus due to the influenza being discovered there. If it's discovered at such a large institution with so many children attending it will spread rapidly.

I took a good look at my homeopathic box and saw I had to update it with the most necessary solutions, if push comes to shove I don't want to have to scramble for homeopathic meds I want to be able to grab something if needed. It makes me feel prepared for anything. I was so lucky to located a box of N99 and N95 masks also, I saw them sold out online at many places already.
Ordered cat and doggy food in bulk from Amazon and K9cuisine.com a wonderful company with healthy dog and cat food and free shipping with FedEx and pretty fast, they ship the same day! Excellent service. Tomorrow will order groceries etc. Unfortunately Alberstons stopped home delivery so we now have only Safeway and NewSeasonsMarket left, that's okay we're lucky to still have home delivery at all I think!

I have all my supplements and meds updated and in stock so I'm good to go ;-)

On other home related news Fynn puppy has been promoted to twice a week doggy day care because he was such a good social and well behaved boy! At the daycare they take photo's every day it's fun to see them play.
Here are some pics of Fynn in Doggy Day Care.



Our Lotte will have her spa day tomorrow, the mobile groomers will be here at 10:00 AM to give her her summer cut. Will post before and after pics!

# # #

5 comments:

Bibi said...

So what is in your homeopathic box?
Just curious:-)

Tink said...

I have a few kits.
My daily and most used kit is: Aconite, Apis, Arnica, Arsenicum, Belladonna, Bryonia, Cantharis, Cannabis sativa, Carbo veg, Chamomilla, Ferrum phos, Gelsemium, Hepar sulph, Hypericum, Ignatia, Ipecac, Kali bich, Ledum pal, Lycopodium, Mag phos, Mercurius, Nux vom, Phosphorus, Pulsatilla, Rhus tox, Ruta grav, Sarsaparilla, Somatotrophin, Sulphur, Veratrum.

One with all 12 Salts: Calcarea fluor, Calcarea phos, Calcarea sulph, Ferrum phos, Kali mur, Kali phos, Kali sulph, Magnesium phos, Natrum mur, Natrum phos, Natrum sulph, Silica

Calendula Ointment, Traumeel, Arnica gel/Ointment, Hypericum Ointment, Keokuk Ointment

I also have a Vet/Pet kit but I don't think you're interested in that ;-)

Tink said...

Oh forgot to mention I just added Influenzinum and Dolicoccil.

It helps that my physician is a classic Homeopath and also a Oregon Licensed Naturopath. In Oregon Naturopaths are considered regular MD's and thus have the freedom to also write western medication prescriptions. Not all States recognize Naturopaths that way.

Bibi said...

That is a lot, you really use ALL that?
Can't find a regular MD around here who's not overweight, doesn't have clearly visible ailments and can actually be of any help to me. Oregon sounds good to me;-)

Tink said...

No, I don't use it all on a regular basis. It just comes in handy when something occurs. The only thing I use daily is the Somatotrophin to counteract the chemical Growth Hormone Injections I get.

But this box has been build over a time frame of 25 years when I first started to become interested in natural healing and with 3 cats and 2 dogs it also saves a bundle on vet costs!

Too bad you can't find a decent practitioner. It took me 3 years to find the one I have now. All the years we lived in France and in California I relied on my box, my books and did some courses in Homeopathy and Natural remedies. And we lived in Switzerland which is a great place for all things homeopathic and herbal!

I loved the description of your cooking with herbs and plants that we usually don't eat. Made me want to go out and cook some as well! Nice description and very adventures! ;-)